Thursday, May 29, 2008
Monday, May 5, 2008
Thursday, February 21, 2008
Current top love/romantic songs:
- All I Want is You by U2 (this will never leave the list)
- First Day of My Life by Bright Eyes
- The Luckiest by Ben Folds
- Love Song by The Cure
- Say Yes by Elliott Smith
- Passenger Seat by Death Cab for Cutie
- Queen Bee by Taj Mahal
- A Case of You by Joni Mitchell
- She's a Jar by Wilco
- Heartbeats by Jose Gonzalez
Songs that I've recently been enjoying:
- Is this love? by Clap Your Hands and Say Yeah
- Silver Lining by Rilo Kiley
- Set Out Running by Neko Case & her Boyfriends
- Should I Stay or Should I Go by The Clash
- O Valencia! by The Decemberists
- Keys to the City by The Go! Team
- Righteously by Lucinda Williams
- From Blown Speakers by The New Pornographers
- Here Comes Your Man by The Pixies
- Judy is a Punk by The Ramones
Monday, February 18, 2008
Five things I'd like to do in the next 5 years (in no particular order):
- Look around and realize that I am lying on a beach in a warm and tropical place...relaxing...and looking hot in my bikini.
- Learn how to meditate. Even if that means repeating in my head over and over the following: Think About Nothing. Sshhh.
- Grow vegetables and eat them when then are still warm from the sun.
- Hear some little person call me 'mommy' (and it isn't a lost child in the mall).
- Try that whole marriage thing again. If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.
Sunday, February 10, 2008
Here goes... A preliminary list of things I am grateful for:
- ...for feeling love for another and knowing in my deepest parts that I am loved back.
- ...for my cats. Even the one who is acting crazy right now.
- ...for the opportunity to be receiving a wonderful education in a city that I love.
- ...for a car that starts when it is -30 degrees and gets me around.
- ...for family that loves me and wishes me happiness.
- ...for my new shoes and ipod and all of the creature comforts that I am able to provide for myself by selling tacos and Lonestar beers.
- ...for friends that think of me and check in every so often
- ...for the willingness to think about gratitude and consider living life in a different way.
There's more, but I am going to work on that graduate education of mine for a bit now so that I may continue to enjoy it until May (18th)!
Wednesday, February 6, 2008
Books I'd Like to Read: