Saturday, July 28, 2007

Gettin' paid

Getting paid feels pretty nice. I decided that this last month of being perpetually broke should be rewarded today with stuff. While this is probably not the best idea, it sure feels good right now.

I walked down to A Stone's Throw and picked out some shoes that I can wear when I don't feel like wearing sandals. And then some nicer flips to wear instead of the bright blue flips I've been wearing just about every day. My feet are happy.

Then, I went to Trader Joe's and bought enough food to get me through until The Move on the 14th. This should curb any going-out-to-eat urges. I proceeded to walk about a mile home with two heavy grocery bags, my new shoes, and a loaded backpack.

Then, I came home and started some laundry. This process led to the critical examination of my undergarments. Time for more. So, I went to the Vicky's website looking for deals. Normally I'm not a big Vicky's fan, but it has been awhile and I'm willing to try again. So, in less than a week, I will be the proud owner of undergarments that don't look like they belong to a tired woman who has given up on femininity. Thank goodness!

Now, I should definitely not spend any more $. Good thing I'm babysitting tonight!

No comments: