Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Queen Bee

My new favorite song is "Queen Bee" by Taj Mahal. I know that this is an older song; however, the first time that I heard it was at the wedding that I went to with Jenny in Indiana, PA. I was really dreading going to a wedding--given the circumstances of my life--and then I heard it. It was their first dance as a married couple and they looked in love and happy and like they were having fun. That is what I want. I loved how non-traditional their choice of song was---and how perfect for the moment and the couple. I felt that, although they were strangers to me, I understood them after that 4 minutes and 41 seconds. It stayed with me.

Then, a few weeks later, I dropped into my neighborhood coffee/wine joint (Barriques Wine Cave) and heard it again. This time, I went up to the staff and begged them to tell me the song title and/or performer of this luscious little ditty. They had no idea. I decided to email the bride. Oh yes, I did. She replied in less than 24 hours informing me of the version that they played and other versions that were, in her opinion, inferior. I then bought it on iTunes and requested the album from the library.

It's funny, you would think that the song that was chosen by an in-love husband and wife at their wedding would make me feel sad or lonely. It doesn't. It gives me hope that there is someone out there who will get me like that and enjoy me for who I am. Maybe I just haven't met the person that will think I'm the Queen Bee and love me for it. Someone who I can "rock to their soul"--and who rocks me back.

I sure hope he's out there.

No comments: