Wednesday, May 16, 2007

The first post is the hardest

I just turned 29 fifteen days ago. Since then, my good friend has finally found a suitable man after a 6 year dry spell, my other friends have decided to adopt a puppy, and my husband of 2.5 years has decided that he no longer wants to be in a relationship. Things are a-changin'.

I've been thinking about the things that I can buy/do now that I don't have to run them by the Mister:
1. a rug for the living room (I don't know why he is so opposed to rugs)
2. girly-colored bath towels
3. adopt a dog
4. have a child someday (yeah, this one is kinda big huh?)
5. hang pictures and otherwise decorate
6. watch romantic comedies
7. buy furniture that doesn't look like it needs to be fumigated

Things that I will miss:
1. his cooking--especially the grilling of meat
2. his loud, raucous laughter while watching Comedy Central
3. having someone to talk to who knows me and doesn't judge
4. not having to do the dishes often
5. foot rubs
6. daily hugs
7. computer help :)


In memory of the relationship that I thought I had:

No comments: